Date:      Wed, 03 Feb 1999 00:23:31 +0300
From:      Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil@asteroid.svib.ru>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: YP-like mySQL thing

 <19990202142921.E84751@florence.pavilion.net>Josef Karthauser writes:
>> I can share it if anyone is interested, and I need an advise: how should I
>> rebuild libc.so (or what else?) so that shared executables would pick
>> libmysqlclient.so without rebuilding?
>
>How do you get around the insecurity of mysql?  i.e. any user on the system
>can pretend to be user root using the -u option to mysql.
Well, only trusted users will be allowed to log in, and only locally logged
users will be able to read the database.

Anyway, HOW DO I RELINK LIBC? Or no one in this list know?

Alex.
--
Alexander B. Povolotsky                            [ICQ 18277558]
[2:5020/145]  [http://freebsd.svib.ru] [tarkhil@asteroid.svib.ru]