Date:      Sun, 15 Apr 2012 14:38:08 -0700
From:      Jason Helfman <jgh@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Richard Yao <ryao@cs.stonybrook.edu>
Cc:        alc@freebsd.org, Alan Cox <alan.l.cox@gmail.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMD Erratum 383 crashes FreeBSD 9-Stable

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Richard Yao <ryao@cs.stonybrook.edu> wrote:

> Alan, thanks for the information.
>
> This is a definitely libvirtd bug. Passing '-cpu host' fixes the
> problem. I replaced libvirtd with Gentoo's kvm-tools, which makes it
> easy to specify this, so problem solved.
>
> I would send a report to the libvirt developers, but I have encountered
> more problems in libvirt than I have time to describe, so that will not
> happen right away.

I would be happy to pass along bugs you find to the libvirt team, but
sending email to
libvirt-list@redhat.com is a good start. I am the port maintainer of
libvirt, along with other
tools. Beyond this, I have been assembling an entourage of developers to
add in the
missing pieces of libvirt for FreeBSD Compatibility. So far, things are
moving along great.

Thanks!
-jgh