Date:      Sat, 04 Apr 2020 00:11:50 +0200
From:      Evilham <contact@evilham.com>
To:        python@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Went down a rabbithole (bunch of PRs)

Hello,

I'm looking into maybe creating unofficial packages for sourcehut
(https://sr.ht).

The developer asks packages not to be official (in this case part
of the ports tree) until the software goes stable [1], I guess
that can be negotiated but I wanted to first test out how doable
it is for most components.
[1]: https://man.sr.ht/installation.md#packages

So, this is why. The how: I started looking into creating packages
from their Alpine package definitions, which led me down the
rabbithole of updating and creating ports as needed.

This is the result and where things are currently stuck at.
Order matters, since bottom depends on top.
Also, if anyone sees something Bugzilla-related that I am doing
wrong, please let me know so it can be fixed.

# devel/py-vine: Update to 1.3.0

Came up with the exact same patch as PR #239148, which had the
wrong flags, so I guess it wasn't processed.
There also isn't a new upstream version, so I'd appreciate it if
someone helped fix the flags.

# devel/py-billiard: Update to 3.6.3.0

There is PR #239145 to 3.6.0.0, again with the wrong flags.
Since I can't manipulate the title / description or obsolete
attachments, but there is a new upstream version, I've created a
new PR #245330

(Please close #239145 as duplicate and hopefully land #245330)

# net/py-kombu: Update to 4.6.8

This is needed further down, patch in PR #245331.

# devel/py-celery: Update to 4.4.2

This actually fixes a bug where `import celery.worker` would
explode in your face in python3.

Similar to devel/py-billiard, PR #239149 already exists to update
to 4.3.0.
I have created a new PR #245332, which includes details to the
mentioned bug.

# [NEW PORT] textproc/py-sphinx-better-theme: A nice-looking,
  customizable theme for Sphinx

See PR #245334, I wanted to create a review but the thing timed
out after 30 seconds.

# [NEW PORT] security/py-PGPy: Pretty Good Privacy for Python

See PR #245335, had the same timeout issue with phabricator.

Any help moving things forward will be appreciated.

Cheers,
--
Evilham