Date:      Sun, 20 May 2012 16:09:55 +0200
From:      Bernhard =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fr=F6hlich?= <decke@bluelife.at>
To:        Mikhail Tsatsenko <m.tsatsenko@gmail.com>, Nicolas Raspail <nicolas.raspail@whisperingvault.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Redmine update

On So., 20. Mai. 2012 16:02:04 CEST, Mikhail Tsatsenko <m.tsatsenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/5/19 Nicolas Raspail <nicolas.raspail@whisperingvault.net>:
> > Hello
> >
> > I see that there is a pr (ports/166087) to update Redmine from 1.3.1 to
> > 1.3.2 that have been updated on Sat May 5 2012.
> >
> > Now, there is two stable Redmine versions, 1.4.2 and 2.0.0, that are
> > compatible with ruby 1.9 and Rubygem 1.8.
> >
> > Is someone working on updating this ports ?
> Hi,
> I have a patch to update redmine to 2.0, but it requires a newer rails
> version (3.2.3) than ports tree has (there is 3.2.1 in the ports
> tree). So it can not be commited until rails gets an update. It is
> better to ask ruby@ team about rails update I think.

Why do you think this is worth it? The port is in the current shape because upstream is unable to do proper software development and make redmine work with different versions of its dependencies. So what will happen when we have ruby 3.2.3? It will work until we have ruby 3.2.4 or what?

If you really want to improve the situation have a look at ChiliProject because they actually care about that. So better create a port for that.