Date:      Sun, 23 Jun 1996 15:26:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matthew Jason White <mwhite+@CMU.EDU>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ccd stability

Excerpts from freebsd-stable: 22-Jun-96 ccd stability by Matt
Hamilton@magik.alba
> Can someone please tell me what the current status if the CCD driver is
> for FreeBSD?  I need a unix system that will allow me to mirror drives and
> am looking at Solaris at the moment, however I use FreeBSD at the moment
> (2.1R) and would much prefer to use FreeBSD for this application.  Does
> this driver run on 2.1R or does it need one of the SNAPs?  Is it stable
> enough to be put in a mail server that has to be up 24x7?

Matt:
I use this driver on my -current machine.  I have also used it on
-stable.  I've only used the striping (no mirroring), but have never had
any problems with it.  Seems, from Jordan's message, that 2.1.5 will be
out RSN, so that may be what you're looking for.

-Matt

-----
Matt White
Email: mwhite+@cmu.edu		http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/user/mwhite/www/