Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 2003 23:32:52 -0500
From:      taxman <taxman@acd.net>
To:        ah40@httpsite.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel compile woes

On Friday 28 February 2003 01:13 pm, ah40@httpsite.com wrote:
> I've managed to bork something up badly...
>
> First off, I had earlier today upgrade my src tree with this supfile:
>
> *default host=cvsup11.FreeBSD.org
> *default base=/usr
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs tag=.
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
> *default compress
> src-all

As Kris mentioned cvs tag=. is -current.  see the handbook section on cvsup,
especially the tags.  that should clear it all up for you.

Tim

> Anyway, I went to do a kernel compile and couldn't get passed 1st base, it
> told me that the config command didn't match up with my kernel sources.

Here's the second reason you should read the handbook more.  You probably
don't want to use the old config method of rebuilding you kernel.  Also read
/usr/src/UPDATING.