Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 1997 23:26:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Vinay Kumar <vinay@agni.nuko.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with Soundblaster card

Hi folks,

I am trying to set up the Mbone tools on my freebsd machine and am having
trouble getting my soundcard to work (I know I should get Gravis, but I
can't right now!!).

I am running 2.1.5, Pentium 120Mhz, 32Mb ram.

Here is the description of my sound card from the dmesg command:

sb0 at 0x220 irq 7 drq 1 on isa
sb0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13>
sbxvi0 at 0x0 drq 5 on isa
sbxvo0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13>
sbmidi0 at 0x330 on isa
 <SoundBlaster MPU-401>

After the system comes up, I can cat audio files (au type) to /dev/audio
and it plays for a second or so and then hangs. I can ctrl-c and cat
again, but only for a second. Seems like a buffer problem. I don't know
where to start looking. Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
Vinay
--
Vinay Bannai                     E-mail: vinay@agni.nuko.com