Date:      Sun, 29 Apr 2001 18:50:06 +0200
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sa(4) jamming

As Kenneth D. Merry wrote:

> What surprised me is that we didn't get any bug reports after the
> changes first went into the tree on March 27th.  Your bug reports
> are (as far as I can remember) the first.

Well, there's another one in the -current list now, as you've already
seen.

Perhaps this basically means that the rate of hitting a SCSI error is
not all that high. ;-)  Also, there's such a variety of error
possibilities, and certainly only very few of them are now
misbehaving.

> I think your patch was on target, but the action string needs to be
> set as well.

Ah, OK.  If you're on track now, it's OK.  I only wanted to make sure
it's not getting forgotten.

> Anyway, I've attached a patch.  It needs to be tested.  I won't be
> able to test it until I get one of my machines upgraded to -current.

I could test that, but i'm not sure, how to trigger a SS_NOP again?
My tape driver is already patched, so it doesn't call
cam_periph_error() anymore in the case of an ILI.  What else would
trigger a NO SENSE situation?

>  (My
> buildworld blew up in xlint.)

Is that really fatal?  I usually end up in "make -k buildworld", and
if the log file doesn't expose any serious errors, i ignore minor
blowups then.

I've patched my source tree, but have to rebuild/reboot before it
takes effect.