Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 22:50:16 -0400
From:      Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   a small success with jumping mouse

Howdy folks,

I recently installed FreeBSD on a few boxes, and have been (sometimes at
least) enjoying myself trying to get it to work the way I'd like it to
work.

At any rate, one problem I was having was that, 80 percent or more of the
time, when I started X, the mouse would jump all over the place.  Did some
searching on deja and came across a thread, evidentally for developers,
that mentioned the problem, especially when the box is being used with a
KVM switch (which I use).

So, one possible fix they discussed was adding flags 0x800 to the
mouse--I'm not a programmer so wasn't quite sure how this would be done,
but figured, as this is a test box anyway, I might as well experiment.
Therefore, I went into my kernel configuration and added flags 0x800 to
the device psm0.  then recompiled and resinstalled the kernel and it seems
as if it may have done the trick.

So, thought I'd pass it along with the comment that it seems to have
worked.

HTH someone
Scott Robbins