Date:      Fri, 6 Jun 2008 19:56:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Edwin Sanjoto <berlowin@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   About IPv6 Firewall and Others

Hi All of FreeBSD Experts,

I am Newbie in FreeBSD. I am using FreeBSD 6.3. Sorry for my bad English. I just want to ask 2 questions:

1. In your opinion, what are the best rules for implementing firewall in my router which is connected to internet? Like about the protocol or services blocked?  Or which is the best rule for default ( is it "deny any to any" or "allow any to any") ?

2. How to setup firewall for IPv6 from beginning? Like, what i must do with the kernel or something else like changing /etc/rc.conf? And how to write the RULES for IPv6? is it different from IPv4? Do you have an example RULES?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

EDWIN Sanyoto
(berlowin@yahoo.com)