Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 2014 20:30:45 -0500
From:      Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Poudriere: rm -rf: Directory not empty

--wsG8224PseElff0wt3dNe89joGiGV6JxC

On 4/3/2014 12:30 PM, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 09:35:27AM -0500, Bryan Drewery wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> While using Poudriere to build packages on segregated tmpfs jails
>> we sometimes get the following errors:
>>[snip]
>> In the other cases it's not clear if looping on rm -rf would work or
>> if it would spin forever. We have not tried it since it's so difficult=

>> to reproduce.
>>
>=20
> When the situation occured and you notes it, do you still have an acces=
> to the tmpfs directory which failed rm -rf ? If yes, try to do ls -la
> there, and ktrace the "rm -rf".

No. Once it realizes it can't do any work it cleans up and umounts the
tmpfs. What I will do is add some debugging into poudriere so if it hits
the issue it will try to analyze it a bit and gather some more data.
Hopefully the user running it will report it back to us.

>=20
> Another approach is to patch tmpfs_rmdir() in tmpfs_vnops.c and dump so=
me
> information when ENOTEMPTY error is returned; e.g. you could print the
> directory content and tn_size.
>=20

If I can find a way to reliably reproduce the issue I will do that.

--=20
Regards,
Bryan Drewery