Date:      Mon, 08 Feb 1999 13:38:42 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@webnology.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GPL *again* (was: New CODA release)

At 01:49 PM 2/8/99 -0600, Jasper O'Malley wrote:

>Unless you want to be a hypocrite, you don't.

Actually,. I think that ALLOWING my code to become part of Linux would be
hypocritical. The GPL seeks to stamp out exactly the sort of free exchange
of ideas (and code!) that I (and most of the folks present here) advocate,
and I would not want to aid or abet this process in any way. I don't like
to be "anti-" anything, but when one sees a clear and present danger it's
important to take a stand against it.

--Brett

"Rules? This is the Internet." -- Dan Gillmor