Date:      Fri, 04 Jun 1999 21:03:57 +0900
From:      Motoyuki Konno <motoyuki@snipe.rim.or.jp>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel config script

Chuck Robey wrote:
> You see, some folks in Japan went off on their own and developed a
> "newconfig", which has a lot fo things in common with the work that
> Peter's gone and done, but also has some basic differences.  They worked
> pretty much totally in silence. so when core told Peter to go ahead, the
> Japanese group *finally* opened their mouth, and there have been a lot
> of very hurt feelings, because of the large amount of work that was
> expended, and now is going to be lost.

Yes, "newconfig was developed in silence" is true.
But what about new-bus?

I searched the mailing list archive of -current and -hackers
from this January to March.  I found **ONLY TWO** articles(*1) that
includes the word "new-bus".

There had been NO information about "new-bus project" or "new-bus
mailing list" on the FreeBSD Project page (*2).

I think new-bus people should post "current status of new-bus"
to -current and -hackers more often.

*1:

*2:  http://www.freebsd.org/projects/projects.html