Date:      Mon, 6 Feb 2012 10:53:46 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Bernhard Schmidt <bschmidt@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org, rpaulo@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 9.0 ath driver injection with aireplay_ng returns input/output error in AHDemo and Monitor mode

On 6 February 2012 09:35, Bernhard Schmidt <bschmidt@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Basically, injection is a real mess currently and neither monitor nor ahd=
emo mode are really that well suited for that purpose. Monitor mode is desi=
gned to be totally mute while ahdemo is adhoc mode without mgmt frames but =
a lot of unnecessary logic behind it. Guess we should really think about a =
new mode specially designed to handle those needs, or re-enable injection i=
n monitor mode which would break it's initial purpose.. thoughts?

I'd prefer a new mode.

It'd give us a chance to further abstract and tidy up the multi-mode suppor=
t.

It also will give me an excuse to figure out how to implement
injection for 11n TX aggregation.

Adrian