Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 1996 17:17:51 -0400
From:      C Matthew Curtin <cmcurtin@research.megasoft.com>
To:        guido@gvr.win.tue.nl (Guido van Rooij)
Cc:        ache@nagual.ru (=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=), dfr@render.com, roberto@keltia.freenix.fr, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: vx device broken in 21.1.5?

>> It not makes things worse, but not help the problem too.  My
>> problem was not performance decrease but complete card hang until
>> reboot.

Guido> Try ifconfig vx0 down; ifconfig.vx0 up. Then it works again
Guido> ;-()

The problem is that there are two versions of the 3c590 board. The
FreeBSD driver was written for 3c590, but now all of the 3c590 boards
out there are "3c590b"... some small change made the driver not working.

--
C Matthew Curtin                MEGASOFT, INC                Chief Scientist
I speak only for myself.  Don't whine to anyone but me about anything I say.