Date:      Sun, 3 Jul 2016 19:26:15 -0500
From:      John Marino <freebsdml@marino.st>
Subject:   Re: Remove options from poudriere option files for ports which were removed in the port

Kimmo Paasiala <kpaasial <at> gmail.com> writes:

 > On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 1:17 PM, Matthias Fechner <idefix <at>
fechner.net> wrote:
 > > Dear all,
 > >
 > > it seems that poudriere can only add new options to its own options
 > > tracking, but cannot remove options that where removed from the
Makefile
 > > of the port.
 > >
 > > Concrete example is for mail/postfix
 > >
 > > The option SPF was removed (2016-02-28):
 > > https://www.freshports.org/mail/postfix/
 > >
 > > But if I execute:
 > > poudriere options -j 103amd64 -f 103amd64-pkglist
 > >
 > > it will not remove the option from the options file:
 > > 103amd64-options/mail_postfix/options
 > >
 > > Is there a possibility to clean up all the option files without
starting
 > > again at zero with:
 > > poudriere options -c -j 103amd64 -f 103amd64-pkglist
 > >
 > > Thanks.
 > >

 > > Gruß
 > > Matthias
 > >

 > This is not a feature/bug of poudriere but of the ports system itself.
 > There's no tracking of obsoleted or removed options and no clever
 > methods to clean them up. It's only when you remove the options with
 > 'make rmconfig' and rewrite them again trough the options dialog the
 > obsoleted ones will be gone.

This is incorrect.  There is a clever method available to clean these
up.  There is a script at Tools/scripts/redundant-opt-files.sh that is
used to identify saved options that are identical to the default
options.  It also identifies option files for ports that don't exist.
You can remove all the obsolete and redundant options files in a single
command, e.g. "/usr/ports/Tools/scripts/redundant-opt-files.sh | xargs
rm -rf" which I think is pretty clever.  But then again, I am biased.

John

---