Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 1997 09:32:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Charlie Root <root@CX63802-A.dt1.sdca.home.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   FWF make error

While trying to make  fwf-3.8, I got the following error:

building executables in src/OptButton...
building executables in src/VScrollb...
building executables in src/HScrollb...
rm -f ../../bin/HScrollbT
gcc -o ../../bin/HScrollbT -O      -L/usr/X11R6/lib HScrollb.o HScrollbT.o ../../lib/libfwf.a -lXpm ../../lib/libDir.a -lXpm     -lXaw -lXmu -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXt -lX11 -lXt -lSM -lICE -lXext -lX11
HScrollbT.o: Undefined symbol `_xfwfVScrollbarWidgetClass' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I'm assuming that if there were any other dependancies, that it would get or make them prior to
making fwf. Of course, it's highly likely that I did something in the wrong order as well. I keep
fairly current on the 2.2-STABLE tree via cvsup, so I should have the latest x11 ports, as of this
morning (Fri 22 Aug 97).

Also, I've noticed that several of the x11 ports mention needing Motif to run. Which of the X11 ports
give FreeBSD the Motif look-alike/work-alike for Motif?

Thanks,
Marty Gordon
mlghome@home.com