Date:      28 Jul 1998 10:51:02 -0700
From:      Frank McConnell <fmc@reanimators.org>
To:        Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Frank McConnell <fmc@reanimators.org>, Robert Swindells <swindellsr@genrad.co.uk>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AMD PCNet/FAST cards; suppliers?

Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU> wrote:
> So, if this is a known chip that works on other machines, what's so
> different about the Hitachi MX-133?  I'm happy to run any diagnostics
> that you guys think will help find the differences.

Funny, that's what I was thinking to ask you: what is it about the
Hitachi Mx133 (and apparently other Hitachi notebooks) that needs this
patch?  I've looked at the original patch in the mailing list archives
and now I think I really don't get it -- does this thing satisfy two
different probes and so get attached twice?

Likewise, I'm willing to run diagnostics, test patches, on this box.
Maybe even look at code and data sheets if I can find the time.

-Frank McConnell