Date:      Fri, 05 Feb 2010 11:19:39 -0800
From:      Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, Christoph Kukulies <kuku@kukulies.org>
Subject:   Re: our little daemon abused as symbol of the evil

I have gotten word from the authors that they are aware of the
problem and are correcting it (e.g., taking out the daemon).

	Kirk McKusick

=-=-=-=

From:    Engin Kirda <ek@iseclab.org>
Date:    Wed, 3 Feb 2010 19:03:49 +0100
To:      mckusick@mckusick.com
Subject: BSD logo misuse
Cc:      Gilbert Wondracek <gilbert@iseclab.org>,
         Thorsten Holz <tho@iseclab.org>,
	 Christopher Kruegel <chris@cs.ucsb.edu>

Kirk,

I colleague from Symantec pointed out the discussion about the BSD
logo that we have, apparently, misused in our paper without realizing
that it was the BSD logo :-/ We'd like to apologize for this. It was
not intentional.

The PDF we put up is a technical report and we can easily correct
this. We'll make sure that we do not use it in the camera-ready
version of the published paper.

Best regards,

--Engin