Date:      Thu, 21 May 2020 01:04:16 +0000
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        "freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Konstantin Belousov <kib@FreeBSD.org>, "rlibby@freebsd.org" <rlibby@freebsd.org>
Subject:   r358252 causes intermittent hangs where processes are stuck sleeping on btalloc

Hi,=0A=
=0A=
Since I hadn't upgraded a kernel through the winter, it took me a while=0A=
to bisect this, but r358252 seems to be the culprit.=0A=
=0A=
If I do a kernel build over NFS using my not so big Pentium 4 (single core,=
=0A=
1.25Gbytes RAM, i386), about every second attempt will hang.=0A=
When I do a "ps" in the debugger, I see processes sleeping on btalloc.=0A=
If I revert to r358251, I cannot reproduce this.=0A=
=0A=
Any ideas?=0A=
=0A=
I can easily test any change you might suggest to see if it fixes the=0A=
problem.=0A=
=0A=
If you want more debug info, let me know, since I can easily=0A=
reproduce it.=0A=
=0A=
Thanks, rick=0A=