Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 08:59:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ed Watkeys <edw@poseur.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cdrecord problems to record 1 CD

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> All bootable Walnut Creek CDROM FreeBSD CDs use the El Torrito boot
> hack to accomplish their purpose.  It's the -b flag to mkisofs.

> Yes.  However, it seems to have problems with ATAPI CDROM drives
> (where it works fine with SCSI) and we're still scratching our heads
> over that one.  What works for one should work for both, but no.  It
> would be a lot easier to debug if it just plain didn't work for
> *anyone*, you know? :)

Well, to make this a bit more depressing, I burned the ISO image using
Adaptec's "Easy CD Creator" on an NT machine around here, and I got
exactly the same behavior -- fine image, no booting. (Same ATAPI CD-RW
drive.)

Which makes me begin to wonder about the image...

Anyway, the next steps are to bring in my Philips SCSI CD-R and give
things a whirl. On a Mac, with Windows, and with FreeBSD.

I'm still looking for someone who's successfully booted from this
image.

Ed

--
Ed Watkeys                                               edw@poseur.com