Date:      Sat, 16 Feb 2002 21:44:32 -0500
From:      KiloWatt@cinci.rr.com (KiloWatt)
To:        Elliott Liggett <kilowatt@cinci.rr.com>
Subject:   Re: Mouse troubles

heh here I go replying to my self ;-)
I fixed it, and for those of you who are wondering how to fix something
like this, here's how I did it:
for the console, the mouse settings are in /etc/rc.conf
Probably the last few lines. Maybe they look like this on your system:
moused_port="/dev/psm0"
moused_type="mouseman"
moused_enable="YES"
anyway, I didn't mess with these - I just messed with my XF86Config
file. Here's what I did:
the section which stated:
Option "Protocol"    "SysMouse"
I changed to:
Option "Protocol"    "Auto"
I tried MouseMan, Microsoft, Logitech, and several others. Only this
worked.

Hopefully someone else will see this in the archive with the same
trouble and solve it!