Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 2002 17:47:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@posi.net>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>, Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>, Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>, <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>, <kbyanc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Can't resolve hosts via dns on the command line with latest -current

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, David O'Brien wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 10:45:42AM -0800, Kelly Yancey wrote:

> >   I've had this running on multiple machines for weeks without problems.  What
> > is your resolve.conf and nsswitch.conf?  Curious,
>
> A better question is why you are fixing a non-critical, over-1-year-old
> bug in networking code this close to the release???  Networking is our
> bread and butter, and changes to it can be tricky.  A known non-critical
> bug that has existed at least since FBSD 4.2 is better than an unknown
> one.  At this point it time, it is better to just not touch things.

  I'm not trying to fix a bug in ancient code.  I'm trying to track down a
very specific bug that is reported to be related to a commit I made last
week.  However, so far, I have not found how the two are related.  I've just
been trying to keep the people who are affected by the bug in the loop while
I'm tracking it down.

  Kelly

--
Kelly Yancey -- kbyanc@{posi.net,FreeBSD.org}