Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 1996 23:16:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tony Tam <tam@cd.iidpwr.com>
To:        FreeBSD hackers <freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org>
Subject:   Netscape is out of memory

     I am experiencing a very interesting error message with Netscape Ver.
2.02 and Ver. 3.0b4 for FreeBSD after I installed a commercial firewall
called BorderWare. What is funny about this situation is I don't have any
problem with Netscape for Windows or NT.

     The error message is "Netscape is out of memory. Try quitting some
other applications or closing some windows." I got this error message as
soon as I hit the "SEND" button on "Message Composition" window. But I
don't have any problem with Netscape on Windows 3.1 or Windows NT. All
the PC are on the same network. For the above PCs, the Outgoing SMTP
server are all set to the same firewall machine.

     I can retrieve mail without any problem, but I cannot send mail with
Netscape for FreeBSD. I was having the same problem even before I installed
the firewall; however, by booting my FreeBSD box, I could send mail
without too much problem. Now, with the firewall in place, reboot doesn't
fix my problem anymore.

     Any idea?

Yours truly,

Tony Tam

| Tony Tam                     |  Imperial Irrigation District  |
| Imperial Irrigation District |  333 E. Barioni Blvd.          |
| email: tam@cd.iidpwr.com     |  P.O. BOX 937                  |
|   tel: (619) 339 9454        |  Imperial, CA 92251            |
|   fax: (619) 339 9189        |  U.S.A.                        |