Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 1997 19:19:46 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        dledford@dialnet.net, mjacob@ns.feral.com
Cc:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG, slimmer@fnal.gov
Subject:   Re: AHA-2940, CHECK_CONDITION

> I noticed that today in a quick look at the Jun1 release. Isn't that
> a bug- you aren't even setting a value that target drivers can then
> see that "Oh, there's sense data"...? Or did I not read deeply enough...

The mid-level SCSI code checks the sense buffer after commands
are completed (at least that's the way it used to be).  We
could additionally set the WAS_SENSE flag in the scsi_cmnd,
but I think we'd be misusing it as it seems to be there
solely for the mid-level SCSI code to play with.

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org