Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 1999 15:50:37 -0400
From:      "Jim Flowers" <jflowers@ezo.net>
To:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: skip port

I ran into this with 3.2-STABLE #4 and used a SKIP port from a 3.1-STABLE #3
build.  The only problem was a dependency complaint during make install due
to having used a package for the xview stuff instead of a port.  Removed the
dependency to complete the make install which registered the package and
exited normally.  There have been no problems with the SKIP implementation
in about a week of operation.