Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2003 11:36:46 -0000
From:      "Paulo Melo" <pmelo@fe.uc.pt>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problems with serial port on Xircom RBEM56G

----- Original Message -----
From: "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To: <pmelo@fe.uc.pt>
Cc: <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2003 6:01 AM

> In message: <00fc01c2d56a$0054c3c0$0a00a8c0@casa>
>             "Paulo Melo" <pmelo@fe.uc.pt> writes:
> : I understand the serial part of this Cardbus card is not working at the
> : moment. Anyone knows if the Ethernet part of this device is working?
>
> The Ethernet side works for me.  However, I just had to commit a fix
> to for it to get the right MAC address.  I'm working with someone to
> fix the serial side (well, he's actually doing all the work and
> picking my brain for ideas on how to deal with certain issues in the
> CIS).
>
> : ACPI -  hint.acpi.0.disabled="1"
> :  - to get FBSD 5 to boot on this machine).
>
> You may be in trouble with this....

:-( I don't know another way to do it... With ACPI the kernel doesn't even
get the information regarding the PCI bus, so I can't get it to recognize
any hardware at all (including the disks). Is there a way to supplement
(give hints to?) ACPI so it can be used?

> : dc0: <Xircom X3201 10/100BaseTX> port 0x1000-0x107f mem
> : 0x88000000-0x880000ff,0x88000100-0x8800017f irq 11 at device 0.0 on
cardbus0
> : dc0: Ethernet address: 06:00:10:a4:ef:b6
>
> This MAC is bogus!

Yes it is... One byte offset:

Real MAC: 00:10:a4:ef:b6:70
MAC detected: 06:00:10:a4:ef:b6

> : dc0: MII without any PHY!
>
> This is a new one on me...  I'm not seeing this here.  Maybe a
> conflict with resources.  Lemme take a look in detail at the resources
> to see if there's some issues...

Thanks,

    Paulo Melo