Date:      Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:28:44 +0100
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        Peter B <pb@ludd.ltu.se>
Subject:   Re: usb2 iscochronous transfer

On Thursday 23 February 2006 17:41, Peter B wrote:
> Is there any work at all on usb2 isochronous transfer functionality?

It's already implemented!

> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/usb/ehci.c?rev=1.14.2.10&;
>content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
>
>  * 1) The EHCI driver lacks support for isochronous transfers, so
>  *    devices using them don't work.
>
> Any hints on what's needed to make it work?

My new USB driver supports it.
http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/usb4bsd

> Seems DVB-S receiver cards use usb2-isoc mode, therefore the need.

Maybe you want to try out the new USB API when designing the driver. Don't
forget that high-speed isoc have 8 frames per millisecond!

PS: My USB driver in SVN is now also compiling and working on NetBSD 3.X.

--HPS