Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:12:21 +0100
From:      Uwe Laverenz <uwe@laverenz.de>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org, FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: utf8 xterm problems

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 04:11:16PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> The default character set used by GDM is always UTF-8 if it exists
> (see /usr/X11R6/etc/gdm/locale.alias).  If you want a custom locale,
> edit ~/.gnome2/gdm, and set lang equal to the locale you desire.  On
> your next login, it should be set in gnome-panel.

I've been trying to change my locale from utf-8 to de_DE.ISO8859-15 and
created a ~/.gnome2/gdm file like this:

   #!/bin/sh

   LANG=de_DE.ISO8859-15
   export LANG
   GDM_LANG=de_DE.ISO8859-15
   export GDM_LANG

I think this is wrong, because it has no effect. :-)

Is this feature documented somewhere or could you please give me an
example of the correct syntax in this file?

Thank you,
Uwe