Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 1995 15:48:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Statistics request

> > Those are just spot selecting the non-0 ones...
> >
> > Now fire up 3 copies of find:
> >         namei     2     1K      6K  8873K   168480    0     0  16,32,64,1K
> >         namei     2     1K      6K  8873K   172299    0     0  16,32,64,1K
> >         namei     1     1K      6K  8873K   172415    0     0  16,32,64,1K
>
> The question is whether it self-zero's.  If it does, then care has been
> taken to doubly-break the buffer allocation code in nfs_namei(), which
> is what I'm trying to determine.

Note, I am running this on both client and server (infact every place but
the test bed right now is running this:)
FreeBSD GndRsh.aac.dev.com 2.1-STABLE FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE #1: Thu Sep  7 06:45:10  1995     root@burn4.aac.dev.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GNDRSH  i386

> I would expect that if this were the case, it would re-zero when idle.

While doing repeated captures to even get the above data most of the time
it reported 0. It hits the 2 or 1 about 1 in 20 hits of vmstat, this is
not a great way to collect data :-)