Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2005 14:36:09 -0500
From:      "Michael G. Jung" <mikej@confluenttech.com>
To:        <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>, <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: locale support by Xlib - X configuration on Ultra2

Dejan,=20

Thanks for your help, I attempted this but still fails...

> Would that be similar to this?:
> =
<http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-sparc64/2004-August/002036.ht=
ml>
> If so, there's one thing that, while not a proper solution, should =
work: in=20
> x11-servers/xorg-server port directory modify scripts/configure so it=20
> includes the line
> echo "#define UseDeprecatedKeyboardDriver YES"  >> $LOCALDEF
> after other similar lines. Then recompile xorg-server and replace =
'kbd' driver=20
> with 'keyboard' driver in xorg.conf and try if it works.
> The proper solution would be to fix kbd driver in same manner that =
keyboard=20
> driver is...

Unpacked port, moded configure, rebuilt and installed xorg-server as =
suggested
then when loading X with xorg.conf like.......

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
EndSection

I get <snip from xorg.0.log>=20

(II) LoadModule: "keyboard"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/keyboard_drv.o
(EE) LoadModule: Module keyboard does not have a keyboardModuleData data =
object.
(II) UnloadModule: "keyboard"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/keyboard_drv.o
(EE) Failed to load module "keyboard" (invalid module, 0)

..... and then

(WW) *** WARNING the legacy keyboard driver "keyboard" is deprecated
(WW) *** and will be removed in the next release of the Xorg server.
(WW) *** Please consider using the the new "kbd" driver for "Keyboard0".

Behaviour as before...

 Keys on the keyboard produce incorrect but=3D20
 consistent key patterns on the screen.  For
 example in xterm the key"4" always produces=3D20
 "ff", key "5" produces "fg", key "6" produces=3D20
 "fh" etc.

Thanks again for you help and suggestions.

--mikej