Date:      Sun, 30 Sep 2012 13:52:42 -0400
From:      Mark Saad <nonesuch@longcount.org>
Subject:   Re: qmail-remote uses 100% CPU when delivering to certain hosts

012     boris@jails.isis.poly.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>=20
> qmail-tls-1.03.20021228_4
>=20
> I have noticed that qmail-remote spins around using 100% CPU forever when d=
elivering mail to a select few hosts. I believe this all to be in userspace a=
s top reports that the CPU is busy with only userspace code. This has never h=
appened when the machine was running 8.0-RELEASE, but happens with 8.2-RELEA=
SE and 9.1-RC1.
>=20
> The environment this happens in is a jail.
>=20
> Calling truss on the offending processes produces no output, with truss in=
 the "wait" state forever. I've tcpdumped the conversation between the qmail=
-remote process and the remote host. It is attached with this e-mail.
>=20
> Thoughts?
>=20
> -Boris
> <qmail-remote.pcap>

Boris the messages that are in the delivery queue ,at this time, can you sha=
re any details on them are they big, small etc . Also what file system do yo=
u use for the hauls .=