Date:      Sat, 19 May 2012 19:10:07 GMT
From:      Bob Melson <melsonr@earthlink.net>
To:        office@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/167309: editors/libreoffice: Unable to configure printers on LibreOffice 3.5.2.2

The following reply was made to PR ports/167309; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bob Melson <melsonr@earthlink.net>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/167309: editors/libreoffice: Unable to configure printers
 on LibreOffice 3.5.2.2
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 12:56:53 -0600

 Bapt,

 No luck.  After a series of build failures (modules vcl, tail_build
 and others) which I was able to get around by following libreoffice's
 instructions for "hand building" those modules, there was finally
 a complete failure in tail_build.  Error message was:

 Abort trap (core dumped)
 File tested,Test Result,Execution Time (ms)
 file:///usr/ports/editors/libreoffice/work/libreoffice-core-3.5.2.2/lotuswordpro/qa/cppunit/data/pass/A14.lwp,Signal
 11 during cups initialization called, ignoring cups

 Error: a unit test failed, please do one of:

 export DEBUGCPPUNIT=TRUE            # for exception catching
 export GDBCPPUNITTRACE="gdb --args" # for interactive debugging
 export VALGRIND=memcheck            # for memory checking
 and retry.

 Note:  I did NOT do any of the last three tests.

 After multiple failures, even if I was able to get past them,
 it seems pretty clear that LO isn't going to build or work without
 cups or the "--without_ppds" config option.

 -----
 The greatest tyrannies are always perpetrated
 in the name of the noblest causes -- Thomas Paine