Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2000 00:24:41 -0700
From:      "Darren Foo" <darren.foo@webct.com>
To:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>

    I'd like to use a Solaris NIS server to serve c2secure or shadow
passwd maps. Solaris uses a passwd.adjunct file for this but I'm not
sure about FreeBSD and Linux. Most of my NIS clients will be FreeBSD and
Linux. I know that both FreeBSD and Linux support shadow passwd NIS but
in the Makefile it specifically says that it doesn't work between
different OSes. Has someone been able to get these 3 OSes to play nice
with shadow passwords in NIS?

Darren Foo
WebCT