Date:      Sat, 17 May 1997 11:20:58 -0500
From:      Wm Brian McCane <root@bmccane.uit.net>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound Drivers

Morning (I know it's relative 8),

	I was curious what features the current Sound Drivers require to be
compatible with the OSS drivers.  I would prefer to help develop or maintain
the current version of Sound Drivers and thus keep ours a truly `Free' OS,
instead of letting the drivers fall in to disrepair.  In my opinion this would
just add one more thing that most people want to have and are required to pay
for (can you say hidden costs?), making our OS a little less appealing to some.

	brian

He rides a cycle of mighty days, and   \  Wm Brian and Lori McCane
he represents the last great schizm     \  McCane Consulting
among the gods. Evil though he obviously \  root@bmccane.uit.net
is, he is a mighty figure, this father of \  http://bmccane.uit.net/
my spirit, and I respect him as the sons   \  http://bmccane.uit.net/~pictures/
of old did the fathers of their bodies.     \  http://bmccane.uit.net/~bmccane/