Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 13:02:40 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Casey <chriss@phys.ksu.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   ccc

I have a 4.3-STABLE april 27 xp1000 500Mhz machine, and have been trying
to sort out ccc. I am having all sorts of trouble with what I hope is just
include path problems trying to compile things more complex than hello
world.

I dont remember installing ccc, and seem to remember reading in the list
that it was part of the regular alpha install. I can't seem to find
includes that make it happy. It complains about /usr/include/*.h, I've
tried to point it to different places, and the comp.conf has the
/usr/lib/compaq/ccc... /include in it, but I cant seem to make it happy.
What does it want, its own includes, the linux-devel includes in
/compat/linux, something I don't even know about? We are trying to run
some decent sized computations and gcc is giving us binaries that end up
running about the same as a sun U10 300Mhz.

I'm trying to compile pari-2.1.1, but have the same problem with just
about anything I try. I've looked at

http://www.cs.duke.edu/~gallatin/compaq_ccc_instructions

but I cant seem to find anything there that looks different than what I
have.

Thanks for any direction you can point me in

Chris Casey
Unix System Administrator
KSU Physics Department