Date:      Sat, 26 Jan 2002 09:51:50 -0500
From:      Christian Sauer <sauerc@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   question about /etc/periodic.conf

Hello all,

I recently wrote a shell script that does a cvsup for my ports tree, and
I put the script in the /etc/periodic/weekly folder.  I decided to
follow suit with the other periodic scripts and added to the top of mine:

if [ -r /etc/defaults/periodic.conf ]
then
	. /etc/defaults/periodic.conf
	source_periodic_confs
fi

so I could control my script through the conf files.  Instead of editing
any of the confs in /etc/defaults/, I created /etc/periodic.conf which
/etc/defaults/periodic.conf lists as a local override file.  I only put
the options for my script in /etc/periodic.conf and left everything else
  to run on the defaults.

problem is, now when the periodic jobs kick off, I keep getting "YES:
not found" listed in the log files that are mailed to me.

any ideas?

-Christian