Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2006 23:04:24 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu>, tjr@freebsd.org
Subject:   replacing FreeBSD's -lgnuregex with GNUlib's version

A recent discussion on the gm4 and gnulib mailing lists over the merits of
gm4's bundling of its own regex implementation has produced the suggestion,
that we replace our src/gnu/lib/libregex (which is currently obtained from
fedora-glibc-2_3_4-21) with gnulib's implementation.

The latter is claimed to be more actively maintained and with more bug fixes,
than glibc people have managed to incorporate.

Does anyone have a strong preference for fedora/glibc implementation currently
in use, or should we follow this advice (source -- regex' maintainer for
gnulib -- CC-ed) and switch over?

	-mi