Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2012 19:52:12 +0000
From:      "b. f." <bf1783@googlemail.com>
To:        Brandon Falk <bfalk_bsd@brandonfa.lk>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Graphical Terminal Environment

Brandon Falk <bfalk_bsd at brandonfa.lk> wrote:

> I've been thinking for a while about possibly making an extremely
> lightweight environment that supports full monitor resolution, custom
> fonts, and terminals... that's about it.

You may also want to look at our system libvgl ( vgl(3) ),
ports/devel/directfb ( http://directfb.org/ ), and
ports/graphics/svgalib ( http://www.svgalib.org/ ).  Someone has
mentioned wayland -- there was also an older X variant called tinyX
that is still used by some minimalistic Linux distributions, and was
loosely based on the X.org kdrive server.

b,