Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 12:27:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jon@spock.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fe575 (again)

> Alright, here's the latest, I added my pci id for my cardbus chip (ti
> 1225) to the hack driver, and it detects.. but says:
>
> pccbb: Could not map register memory
>
> What should I do to the code to fix this? I'm a bit stumped because I've
> been sitting here for a while now trying to get this to work.

Alright, I've been looking at the code some more, and I found this:

/* The IBM TP600E is gracious enough to pre-allocate a memory
   * space for the PCI-CardBus bridge, so all we need to do is map
   * it in, and save the address in the softc register */
  rid=PCIR_CARDBUS_BASE_2;
  sc->cb_base_res=bus_alloc_resource(dev, SYS_RES_MEMORY, &rid,
                                     0,~0,1, RF_ACTIVE);

Basically this looks to me like you're assuming that all laptops
pre-allocate a memory space for the pci-cardbus bridge... and that's why
my laptop can't map the register space... because it's not pre-allocating
memory for the bridge. I'm looking into how to do this, and when I am
done, I'll make patchs to your patchs :-) for those of us who got this
ethernet card with their Dell Inspiron 3800's :)

Ken