Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 13:31:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        wilko@FreeBSD.ORG, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.1-20000719-RC#2

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > I've had no response from David about it, Jordan didn't add the xterm entry t
> > the installer (as he said he would), and Mike hasn't looked at the 'going
>
> Well, the omission of an xterm entry was simply an oversight on my
> part and hardly a major show-stopper for the alpha, so I fail to see
> why you'd include this with the above list.

Sorry- with vt100 or 'ansi' entries it's damned near impossible to be sure
whether or not you're actually seeing an artifact of wierd curses on serial
installs or not. I probably shouldn't have included it.

>  As to the "going nowhere
> without my init" problem, it's my understanding that nobody else can
> even *reproduce* it with the equipment available here or I'm sure
> you'd see a lot more furor over it.

Nobody *tried* to reproduce it-that's what occurred. I offered to make
equipment available to make this process easier, but nobody got back to me on
this. It's happened several places, so I'm assuming that it isn't just a
oneshot problem.