Date:      Sun, 12 Feb 1995 07:09:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ron Minnich <rminnich@mini.sarnoff.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   the right video interface for X?

well i think i've gotten this wrong twice now. First i got matrox, which
of course won't work. So, says i, i'll get an ati mach32, so x will work
fine.

The machine we just got has an ati mach64 (?) and superprobe is not sure
what it is.

Anyway, if you have:
1) a good fast video card, that
2)  xfree has a server for

i'd like to hear from you. PCI is the only bus i've got (well, ISA, but
that doesn't count).

if there's some simple hint for the mach64 please let me know.

ron

Ron Minnich                |We can think of C++ as the Full Employment Act
rminnich@earth.sarnoff.com |for Programmers. After all, with each compiler
(609)-734-3120             |version change, you have to rewrite all your code.