Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2006 20:25:15 +0200
From:      Soeren Straarup <xride@x12.dk>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Christian Laursen <xi@borderworlds.dk>, freebsd-geom@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Geom class project idea - geom_cow

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 08:07:17PM +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <ygfpsek95qk.fsf@dominion.borderworlds.dk>, Christian Laursen writes
> :
> >I have an idea for a geom class that I think could be useful in a number
> >of scenarios.
> >
> >The basic idea is that it takes two existing providers and uses the first
> >one as a starting point and the other one to keep changes to the first
> >one using copy-on-write.
>
> This one has been one of the inspirations for GEOMs generality from
> the very beginning, but so far nobody has actually written it.

I would look into it but i might need some help..
I've been looking for a geom project lately.
Maybe this would be a nice idea.
But i need some insight in have the msg's are passed on up and down the
geom layer.

/Soeren

--
Soeren Straarup   | aka OZ2DAK aka Xride
FreeBSD committer | FreeBSD since 2.2.6-R