Date:      Wed, 05 Jul 1995 08:24:12 -0500
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@jake.lodgenet.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: splnet and if_ep.c

> 	so the vote is in: -- 3, splnet 1, and the winner splimp 9.
> this is code not a town meeting ;)    i have not yet found the location
> these are declared.  can you ctags the whole kernel source tree?

I've tried
cd /sys/compile/MYKERNEL; make tags
it says `see ../../kern/Makefile for tags'
but that tries to tag all of the architectures (from the 4.4 dist, I assume)

my favorite is:
cd /sys; find . -name "*.[ch]" |xargs ctags -a

but it usually bitches about multiply defined symbols amongst device drivers
(most are static). but gives a fairly complete tags table.

A while back when someone wanted a list of all options for a kernel build

I went so far as

cd /sys; find . -name "*.[ch]" |xargs grep '#if' >> somefile

which I was gonna parse with some perl script, but I lost interest.

> jmb
>
> Jonathan M. Bresler  jmb@kryten.atinc.com       | Analysis & Technology, Inc.
> FreeBSD Postmaster                              | 2341 Jeff Davis Hwy
> play go.                                        | Arlington, VA 22202
> ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life      | 703-418-2800 x346

eric.

--
erich@lodgenet.com
erich@rrnet.com