Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 09:58:04 -0800
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca>, security-officer@freebsd.org, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updating microcode on the fly

> > possibly even a microcode patch.  What are the chances of the FreeBSD Core
> > Team getting their hands on this patch from Intel?
>
> No idea, you tell us. ;-)
>
> 					Jordan

I just spoke to a fellow at Intel.  He told me that they are testing the
solution and that something should be available in the next few days.  They
will be releasing the information to all vendors including the free O/S
maintainers.

He didn't know whether it would be a workaround or a microcode patch that
could be loaded at O/S boot.

UNIX Support                   OV/VM:  BCSC02(CSCHUBER)
ITSD                          BITNET:  CSCHUBER@BCSC02.BITNET
Government of BC            Internet:  cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca
                                       Cy.Schubert@gems8.gov.bc.ca

		"Quit spooling around, JES do it."