Date:      Thu, 03 Feb 2005 18:20:57 +0000
From:      gfoster9055@comcast.net
To:        Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.2

No ofense taken,  how I came to do this is, my kids go to school in the district. I offered to do a website for my daughters school. The web machine happen to be a unsupported BSD machine which they are getting rid of this year and going to winblows. so i was very limited on what i can do because of the versions of ports and so i started talking to the network engineer and he could not help so i went to the director and asked if i could suppor the bsd machine and he is fine with that, only thing is that I have to do it from with in the school and not remote. the other piece is there is still a couple of services that are running on the machine that can not go down as of yet for any reason, not sure what services. After they move the services to winblows the box is mine to do with as I please or i can go to a winblows box, with i don't want to. I am also doing maintance on another linux machine that is running red hat 7.2. All my time is donated, which i don't mind for now and
  for the experience and to learn more in a large enviorment, they said that they will give me a good refernece or possible a job in the future if there is ever a need.(school district is growing very fast). As for root, the network engineer logs me in, since i don't work there i will have to earn trust to gain root usage.

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?020320051820.5820.42026B890002C821000016BC2205886172CACACFC79D0A9B9C010009>