Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2001 04:24:18 -0700
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>
To:        "'Andrew C. Hornback'" <achornback@worldnet.att.net>, "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: How to Connect to Serial Console?

Thanks for your response.  I have read the man page for tip and it talks
about /etc/remote.  The remote file appears to be a definition file of
things to which tip can connect.  com2 is defined in this file so it should
work.  From /etc/remote:

# Finger friendly shortcuts
com1:dv=/dev/cuaa0:br#9600:pa=none:
com2:dv=/dev/cuaa1:br#9600:pa=none:

In fact, because cuaa1 is not defined in the file it produces this error:

blacklamb# tip -v -115200 cuaa1
tip: unknown host cuaa1

Any other ideas?

Thanks,