Date:      Sun, 8 Feb 1998 15:57:07 +0100 (MET)
From:      Mats Dufberg <dufberg@sunet.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Locale

I've installed FreeBSD 2.2.5. I selected that all should be installed.
When I set
   LANG=sv_SE.ISO_8859-1
I get the response (exampel from what perl5 says):
   perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "sv_SE.ISO_8859-1"

I get similar responses from emacs. Is there no support for locale in
FreeBSD? Or have defined something incorrectely?

Sincerely yours
Mats Dufberg

Mats Dufberg
KTHNOC, KTH, S-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
Telefon/Phone:  +46-8+790 83 46  Fax: +46-8-10 25 10
Email: dufberg@sunet.se
SUNET:s www-katalog: http://www.sunet.se/sweden/main-sv.html