Date:      Fri, 11 May 2018 12:13:34 +0800
From:      =?utf-8?B?5p2O5ZGo5Y2O?= <ailee.email@icloud.com>
To:        Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to hide boot console message.

Very thanks Luzar.

May be I reached the end of the road.

So be it, I disable the splash feature and allow few message show.

By the way , where to submit a PR ?

> On May 11, 2018, at 9:02 AM, Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> =E6=9D=8E=E5=91=A8=E5=8D=8E wrote:
>> Luzar, thanks for you quickly and kindly reply =C3=B0=C5=B8=CB=9C=E2=80=9E=
.
>> Just now i download and add a .bmp image under /boot and add some lines i=
n /boot/loader.conf .
>> now it content is that:
>> boot_mute=3D"YES"
>> verbose_loading=3D"NO"
>> beastie_disable=3D"YES"
>> autoboot_delay=3D"-1"
>> #kern.vty=3Dvt
>> #hw.vga.textmode=3D1
>> i915kms_load=3D"YES"
>> #kern.vt.fb.default_mode=3D"1280x800"
>> fuse_load=3D"YES"
>> snd_hda_load=3D"YES"
>> splash_bmp_load=3D"YES"
>> bitmap_load=3D"YES"
>> bitmap_name=3D"/boot/splash.bmp"
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I see your problem now that you gave more details. Splash screen only work=
s with non-vt console screens. There is a bug report about this problem.
>=20
> You need vt because you are running a desktop. There is no way to jump bet=
ween vt and sc console screen types after the OS is booted. This is a known p=
roblem since 11.0 when vt became the default console screen driver.
>=20
> Unless someone else jumps in with another solution I would say you have re=
ached the end of the road about your desire to kill all boot messages.
>=20
> You said /boot/loader.conf defaulting to vt
>=20
> boot_mute=3D"YES"
> verbose_loading=3D"NO"
> beastie_disable=3D"YES"
> autoboot_delay=3D"-1"
>=20
> kills all the boot messages except some networking messages. If this is so=
 then submit a PR about this to get those messages to abide with the boot_mu=
te=3D"YES" option setting.