Date:      Fri, 2 Aug 2002 21:33:17 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Oscar Ricardo Silva <oscars@mail.utexas.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: openssl vulnerability, openssh trojan - will patches be incorporated in 4.6.1

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 11:37:46AM -0500, Oscar Ricardo Silva wrote:

> At the risk of advocating feature creep ... what about the recent openssl
> vulnerability?  I know 4.6.1 hasn't been released yet (RC2 last I looked),
> but might it be worthwhile to include latest openssl patches in 4.6.1?  Or
> will there be a 4.6.2 (or some other number)?

4.6.1 has been cancelled in favour of 4.6.2:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=422979+0+current/freebsd-stable

Partly because it was taking so long to get 4.6.1 out of the door, and
partly because of some recently discovered problems, including the
openssl hole.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way
Tel: +44 1628 476614                                  Marlow
Fax: +44 0870 0522645                                 Bucks., SL7 1TH UK